How to Make An Appointment at Cawley
Come to a 15-minute drop-in appointment Monday — Friday, 1-to-3 p.m., to review your documents, start planning an internship or job search, or discuss Cawley Career Education Center resources. Starting Monday, May 18, virtual drop-ins will be available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1-to-3 p.m.
Want to learn more about an industry? Reach out to one of our peer industry ambassadors in Hoya Gateway starting in mid-September. Also, keep an eye on employer events and career fairs in your Handshake event calendar.
Industry Advising Appointments
Explore a particular industry, discuss internship or job search strategies, and learn about recruiting processes and timelines.
Sign up in Handshake for appointments in the following areas:
- arts, entertainment and journalism
- business, finance and consulting
- government, nonprofit and education
- health, science and technology
- pre-law and legal
- public relations, marketing and advertising
Career Exploration Appointments
Clarify your career story, explore options, and develop a strategy for moving forward. Career counselors can talk with you about:
- choosing your major
- exploring values, interests and skills
- strategizing your job and internship search
- graduate or professional school
- the intersectionality of career and identity
- connecting and integrating your Georgetown experiences.
Sign up in Handshake for an appointment.
Mock Interview Appointments
If you want to practice for an interview, please attend drop-ins (Monday — Friday, 1—3 p.m.) to meet with a staff member or stop by to pick up a hard copy of our interviewing guide.
To learn more about our resources, download our Undergraduate Programs and Services guide (PDF).