Cawley Insider: We’re still here for you over the summer!
May 5, 2021 – Upcoming Events, Opportunities & Resources
You are almost there! It has been a difficult year and we have made it through together.
Just as you are planning for the end of the semester, so are we. Read on for updates regarding our end-of-semester and summer schedule and ways we can support you whether you are graduating or finishing up your first year.
Summer drop-in schedule
Drop-ins are the most popular way to connect with us, for document reviews and any questions you have — no reservation required, and multiple times available to serve you regardless of your current timezone!
- Our hours will vary for different periods over the summer, so please visit this document for the most up-to-date information.
Longer appointments over the summer
What bigger questions do you have about career stuff right now? We have appointments on Handshake to support you throughout the summer for industry-specific support, practice interviews, and more.
- Availability will be limited in May and over the summer; if you don’t see an appointment time in the system that works for you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help us tailor our services to your needs! Fill out this 1-minute survey about whether you like virtual or in-person appointments (or both!).
Still thinking through summer or post-grad plans?
- We are still posting internship and job positions every day in Handshake — you’re not too late. Set up search alerts so you can be notified when relevant opportunities pop up.
- Interested in exploring flexible, short-term options? Check out our tips for gig work and other short-term opportunities.
- Seniors, you’ll still have access to Handshake and appointments for three years after graduation! We are here to help you anytime.
Can you think of a professor or staff member who deserves a shout out for inspiring or impacting your career path in a positive way? Tell us about an awesome faculty or staff member here and we’ll send them a note of thanks!
We are rooting for you and hope you will take time for rest and recuperation in the coming weeks.
You are currently viewing a shortened version of this newsletter, leaving out the events and job opportunities from that time. To see the full version, click here.
Career Center Resources
New drop-in hours for spring semester!
Drop-ins will now be available (new window) from 9-10AM Tuesday through Friday, 1-2PM Monday through Friday, and 7-8PM Monday through Thursday every week.
Appointments: Virtual appointments are available via Handshake (new window). Sign up under ‘Career Center,’ then ‘Appointments’, then ‘Industry Advising,” then ‘Government, Nonprofit, and Education’.