Consulting: Welcome back!
August 27, 2021 – Upcoming Events, Opportunities & Resources
We at the Cawley Career Education Center are thrilled to see students (and our fellow staff members) in person, masks and all. What a long, strange trip it’s been over the past 18 months! And while we are excited to welcome everyone back, we also know that we must get down to business. Because consulting recruiting has started, whether we like it or not!
[PS – Not interested in consulting? Delete this email. Our Business & Finance newsletter will arrive separately.]
How To Get on the Consulting Recruiting Train
If you are thinking about applying for consulting positions we strongly recommend the steps below:
1. Watch this video – Consulting 101 (new window). This takes the place of our in-person Consulting 101 workshop.
2. Check Handshake (new window) for Company Events. Open up georgetown.joinhandshake.com (new window) and log in using your NetID and usual password. From there, go to –> Events –> type in “consulting” in the search box –> click on the “Sort ” button to sort by date so that you’ll know what’s coming up next.
3. Register for the Consulting Niche Night Virtual Career Fair (new window). Over 20 boutique and niche consulting firms will be on hand to recruit juniors and seniors for internship and full-time positions for next summer. The event will take place on Thursday, September 9, from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Handshake.
4. RSVP for the Case Interview Workshop (new window). On Wednesday, September 8, the Cawley Career Center will host a case interview
5. Get Your Resume and Cover Letter Reviewed. The Cawley Career Center has in-person drop-ins Mondays – Fridays, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. No appointment needed – just come on by! We are located in the Leavey Center across from the bookstore
Finally, beginning on Tuesday, September 7, we will have 1:1 appointments available for students needing more help with resumes, cover letters and case interviewing. Look for appointments to be available for reservation on Handshake beginning Friday, September 3.
Questions? Freaked out? Still not sure where to start? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).
And again, welcome back!
You are currently viewing a shortened version of this newsletter, leaving out the events and job opportunities from that time. To see the full version, click here.
Article of the Week
How to Improve Your Problem-Solving Skills (and Show Them Off in Your Job Hunt) (new window)
From The Muse
Regardless of the industry that you’re interested in, problem-solving skills will be critical to have and to demonstrate in a resume, cover letter, and/or an interview. Although the term itself is quite broad, take a look through this article to determine how you can grow in this area.
Career Center Resources
Writing Resumes & Cover Letters (new window)
Networking Skills (new window)
Interviewing Skills (new window)
Industry Resources (new window)
What Can I Do with My Georgetown Major? (new window)
N (new window)ew drop-in hours for spring semester!
Drop-ins will now be available from 9-10AM Tuesday through Friday, 1-2PM Monday through Friday, and 7-8PM Monday through Thursday every week via georgetown.zoom.us/j/417727789 (new window).