Empowering Georgetown University undergraduate students to pursue purposeful work and achieve personal success in the 21st century. While the coronavirus has disrupted all our lives, please know that the Cawley Career Education Center is committed to supporting you consistently and creatively. Regardless of whether you are a full-time student, part-time student, are taking a leave of absence, or are a member of the Class of 2020, you will have full access to the Cawley Career Education Center in the fall of 2020.Explore fall 2020 services
Meet With Us
- Drop-Ins: Until Friday, August 21, virtual drop-ins will be available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Zoom. Undergraduate students will be connected with an advisor for a 15-minute meeting on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fall 2020 drop-ins begin on Monday, August 24 and will take place Monday – Friday from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m, also on Zoom.
- Appointments: Virtual appointments for industry guidance, general career exploration, and practice interviews are available through Handshake. Beginning August 24, undergraduate students can sign into Handshake as usual, click ‘Career Center,’ then ‘Schedule Appointment,’ and your advisor will be in touch with a virtual meeting invitation. [If you do not see appointment availability, please check back the following Monday or email email@example.com.]
Connect With Employers
- Events: Handshake lists all employer events available through the Cawley Career Education Center. All Fall 2020 events will take place virtually.
- “On Campus” Interviews: All interviews in Fall 2020 will take place virtually. Please be sure to check Handshake for your interview slot or work with the employer accordingly.
- Job/Internship Applications: We are gathering information from employers as things evolve and continue to issue guidance via our newsletters. All undergrads receive our general newsletter by email and we will also post the most current newsletter here on our website.
- Network with alumni: Reach out to alumni working in the fields you’re interested in to understand changes and best practices during this time. Hoya Gateway is a great place to find alumni who are eager to assist.
Tell Us What You Need
Thank you to our spring 2020 employer sponsors!