Post Jobs and Internships
To learn how to post a job or internship on Handshake, watch this 4-minute tutorial or follow the instructions below. If you already have an account on Handshake, select Georgetown University as a partner school. If you do not have a Handshake account, please register your organization.
Instructions for Posting Opportunities in Handshake
- Start by clicking Post a Job from your home dashboard.
- You will then be asked to complete 4 steps: Job Basics, Job Details, Job Preferences, and Schools to post the job.
- Complete each step and click the Next button.
- Once you have completed the Schools step, choose Create on the bottom navigation to create and review your job.
- Your job or internship listing will be posted and viewable to Georgetown students.
Job Posting Policies
The Cawley Career Education Center welcomes a wide swath of employers to participate in recruiting. Please note the following policies for posting jobs at Georgetown University.
- Employers must have a physical address that is not an individual’s home, business phone number, business email address (not @gmail.com or other publicly available email domain), and public website;
- Employers must have a Handshake Trust Score of at least 65 percent
- Employers must operate in a way that is in agreement with Georgetown’s mission and values as a Catholic, Jesuit University
- Georgetown University and some of our students are recipients of federal funding. To avoid a conflict in federal and state laws, and to protect our students from potential exposure to federal prosecution by association, the Cawley Career Education Center is unable to approve employers or job postings involved with the development, production, testing, distribution, or use of any federally illegal substance including recreational or medical marijuana.
- We will not approve employers or job posts that requires students to pay to participate in their internship or job program.
- We also do not support third-party recruiters.
If you have any questions about recruiting at Georgetown, please contact a member of our recruiting team.