Health & Science Newsletter
Posted in Announcements News | Tagged Health and Science Newsletter
February 09, 2022 – Upcoming Events, Opportunities & Resources
The Government, Education, & Nonprofit Career Fair is just a week away, taking place on Friday, February 18, 10-2pm! Employers in the health and science industry that have registered include AARP, Alpha Sights, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Americorps VISTA, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Fidesco USA, FoodCorps, Food and Drug Administration, Gap Solutions, MEF Associates, Mercy Home for Boys and Girls, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NPH USA, Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, Sheppart Pratt Health System, NSA, NYU Langone Health, U.S. Agency for International Development, Vital Voices Global Partnership, and YAI- Seeing Beyond Disability.
So, how do you get prepared? Here are some resources to help you.
- Watch this how-to video guide on virtual career fair registration and read Handshake’s Top 10 Tips to help prepare.
- Read my favorite article on career fairs, What Recruiters Wish You Knew About Career Fairs. While this article was written prior to virtual fairs, much of the advice translates to a virtual setting.
- Attend one of three upcoming prep session for careers in nonprofits (and think tanks), government, or education.
- Are you feeling uncertain about what to ask recruiters after you give your 30-second elevator pitch? The article below offers a great sampling of questions to consider.
Try to enjoy the experience. Best of luck!
All the best,
Jodi Schneiderman | firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director, Employer Relations and Industry Advising | Health, Science, and Technology
Student Industry Ambassador Virtual Drop-Ins
These peers (and more) will be available Feb 14-18 for a virtual chat. Find their name on the tab and register for a time HERE. The SIA will reach out to you and schedule the call via Zoom. Here are industry ambassadors most relevant to your career interests. Can’t make it to drop-ins? Reach out to them online via the Cawley website.
- Charlie Kern | Research Assistant at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Beatrice Salas | COVID AMP Research Assistant at Healthcare Data Analytics Inc and Summer Intern at Everyone Can Code
Get Published in the Georgetown Scientific Research Journal
Submissions for the Spring 2022 Issue are now open! The deadline for the submission is February 18th at 11:59 pm EST. Click here for guidelines. GSR Journal publishes articles by the Georgetown community showcasing a plethora of STEM topics. They accept primary research, literature reviews, and hypothesis-driven articles. All GSR journal submissions undergo an extensive double-blind peer-review process.
You are currently viewing a shortened version of this newsletter, leaving out the events and job opportunities from that time. To see the full version, click here
Article Of The Week
7 Kinds of Questions to Ask at a Career Fair to Make a Great Impression
Career Center Resources
Writing Resumes & Cover Letters
What Can I Do with My Georgetown Major?
Drop-ins are Monday-Friday between 1-3 pm via georgetown.zoom.us/j/417727789. Get connected with an advisor for a 15-minute meeting on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Appointments: Virtual appointments are available via Handshake. Sign up under ‘Career Center,’ then ‘Appointments’, then ‘Industry Advising,” then ‘Health, Science, and T