Posted in Announcements News | Tagged BusinessNewsletter
October 3, 2022 – Business: Upcoming Events, Opportunities, and Resources
Hope you’re keeping warm today. I want to share a few quick words about Interviewing.
- Practice. Even if you don’t have an interview coming up this week, it’s never too early to practice your answers to common interview questions. Here’s a list of resources to practice with.
- Connect the Dots. When you’re explaining your past experience, be sure to relate why that experience/skill is relevant to the job you’re interviewing for.
- Bring Questions. Almost every interviewer concludes with “Do you have questions for us?” I suggest preparing 3 questions for your interviewer, even if there’s no time for all of them.
Remember that interviewing is not only a chance for you to elaborate on your capabilities but also an opportunity for you to learn more about the role and its expectations. Stay warm this week!
Patrick Denenea (he/him)
Manager, Employer Relations and Industry Advising
Cawley Career Education Center, Georgetown University
You are currently viewing a shortened version of this newsletter, leaving out the events and job opportunities from that time. To see the full version, click here.
Resource of the Week:
- Have a virtual interview coming up? Practice a few rounds with the AI tool, Big Interview.
- If you are a student with a disability, The Lime Network is a great resource for networking opportunities and job postings various business sectors, including Finance, Consulting, and Tech. You can sign-up for their newsletter and updates here
This is a sample of upcoming events, please see Handshake (new window) for full event listings
- 12:30pm Oct 4 Cicero Group
- 3:30pm Oct 7 Women of Color in Commercial Banking at HSBC (virtual)
- 6pm Oct 4 Paramount Info Session
- Oct 6-7 Deloitte Consulting GPS Coffee Chats (for juniors)
- 5pm Oct 7 T. Howard Foundation Info Session-Internships in Media (virtual)
- 5pm Oct 19 Fixed Income at Deutsche Bank (virtual)
Please note that this is a sampling of jobs and internships with approaching application deadlines. Go to Handshake to see the complete list.